The foundation of our ecosystem
The Guiding Principles that follow are meant to guide us towards and return us to our highest ideals while cultivating ample space for distinct differences that come with the diversity of our community. We are not demanding perfection but a shared culture of ongoing inclusivity, support, and growth.
This is a living and breathing document that will serve as a reference point for Nectara’s guides, team, and our Circle community. We stand strongly for these guidelines but we welcome feedback at
If you have experienced ethical breaches of trust or safety with any of our community members, please let us know to engage a repair and accountability process.
May we always be in humble service to our highest purpose, integrity, and intentions.
Do No Harm
- I pledge to safeguard the welfare and rights of those I interact with.
- I pledge to be alert and guard against personal, financial, social, organizational, or political factors that may lead to my misuse of influence.
- I pledge to always strive to be mindfully aware of the possible effects of my own physical and mental health and my ability to show upin a heart-centred way.
- I pledge to protect those who might suffer from harmful and unethical behaviours of others; and to invite growth and learning for those who did harm so that reparation and healing can begin for both parties.
Serve with Integrity
- I pledge to instill integrity in all that I do and in the ways I interact with others and myself. I pledge to repair situations and relationships when possible to the best of my ability.
- I pledge to promote accuracy, clarity, honesty, and truthfulness in the teachings, wisdom traditions, science and practice of integration and therapeutic work.
- I pledge to strive to keep my promises and to avoid unclear commitments.
- I pledge to preserve and protect the privacy and confidentiality of what is shared in circles and client and group therapy work.
- I pledge to be honest about and accurately describe my qualifications and the care and services that I can (and cannot) offer.
- I pledge to use my relationships in a manner that doesn’t harm anyone and I will deal appropriately with personal conflicts of interest.
- I pledge to practice self-care for myself so that I can show up in a supportive way for my clients and community.
- I pledge to invite and respond, provide and guide for clear pathways of repair when there is reparation work to be done between myself and others.
- I welcome feedback from my peers/community/clients and their unique perspectives that can help illuminate potential blindsides I was unaware about.
- I pledge to consult and cooperate with other Guides and support teams to serve the best interest of the people I work with with humility and transparency.
- I pledge to uphold professional standards of conduct, with a clear boundary of roles and obligations.
- I pledge to do my best to show up to my work on time and be well prepared, centred, and present.
- I pledge to strive to not use my power or influence in harmful ways. I will interact with my clients and community on a basis of equity without the perspective that I am above anyone. I will not seek to control their personal healing experience.
- I pledge to keep my political and personal views of the world to myself and not overly share or impose them on anyone within the therapeutic, educational, and Nectara community spaces I am a part of.
Empathy and Compassion
- I pledge to help alleviate and prevent the physical, mental, and emotional pains in myself and others with patience, wisdom, kindness, warmth, and perseverance.
- I pledge to maintain relationships from a space of mutual understanding and free of judgement. I will interact with genuine curiosity and listen deeply to better understand other people’s emotions, thoughts, and actions.
- I pledge to challenge prejudices when necessary but discover commonalities between people that can help bridge divides and bring us closer.
- I pledge to give and receive in a healthy cycle of reciprocity and practice giving before taking. I will strive for beneficial situations for all people involved.
- I pledge to contribute a portion of my professional time for little or no compensation to those who have self-expressed a need for support.
- I pledge to support, when I can, the Indigenous peoples and origins of the ceremonies and medicines that I interface with in my work and practices.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- I am aware of and respect cultural, individual, and role differences, including those based on age, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, culture, national origin, religion, disability, language, and socioeconomic status, and consider these factors when relating with members of such groups, and with people that affect or influence these groups.
- I pledge to stay informed of the barriers and requirements of members from different groups of people.
- I acknowledge that power and privilege exist within all structures and relationships.
- I acknowledge that I have power and privilege and utilize this position to listen to take direction from, and stand with those who are oppressed by this same power and privilege.
- I pledge to practice a calling-in culture to take the steps to inquire with curiosity and understanding, and do the sometimes uncomfortable and hard work to change people’s perspective and behaviours when needed. I won’t call people out but rather hold them accountable with love to support trust in relationships and growth.
- I pledge to deepen my understanding of racial, cultural, Indigenous, oppression, sex and gender topics.
- I pledge to foster the ongoing process and practices of self-informing for my own practice to be able to serve others. I will continue my learning through relationships and self directed learning.
- I pledge to continuously work and learn about my own shadows and to treat personal growth as a lifelong process.