Psychedelics and the Story
April 23, 2023
Weekly for 6 weeks
Weekly for 6 weeks
Weekly for 6 weeks
Preparation and integration
Become a member to access this event
Members get unlimited event access
About this event
Stories are how we create meaning in our lives - it is the fuel that drives all we do.
Yet this process of “meaning-making” often happens unconsciously in the background of our minds, dictating our lives - even when the stories are outdated and no longer serving us.
By taking the time to dive into this, with the support of psychedelics, we discover that we hold powerful wisdom that can support us in stepping into the most amazing version of ourselves.
In this online program with Mareesa Stertz, you will:
- Learn about the link between storytelling and psychedelics and how they work together to help you access a wider scope of your life.
- Identify the conscious/unconscious stories that influence your life experiences and shine a light on internal narratives that may be limiting you.
- Prepare for a psychedelic experience by identifying and focusing on specific themes so your mind is primed to address that topic. Identify the story of your best self and learn how psychedelic work helps you embody it.
- Learn how to direct your psychedelic journey to give you clarity on your old story and how to implement a new one.
- Understand how your body holds stories and how a somatic experience is a part of addressing your story.
- Develop a strong connection to your inner compass so that it guides you in creating the story you want to be telling. Powerfully wield your new story to create a life of purpose.
- Be guided in a process to introduce your new story into your system before, during, and after your psychedelic experience. Integrate how your biggest struggles are actually the fuel for your highest expansion.
Structure: You will meet for group calls, live on Zoom, once a week over the course of 2 months. There will be a total of 6 sessions, each 90 minutes long.
Format: A combination of short lectures, group sharing, breakout sessions, and homework exercises - culminating in the result of creating a 5-10 minute version of your story to share.
How it works
You will embark on a guided process where you take inventory of your life’s purpose, and your greatest struggles and learn how exactly psychedelics can support you in releasing the old, and creating the new.
Utilizing the magnifying and amplifying aspects of psychedelics, you will learn how to intentionally work with them to help you gain a better understanding of your past and weave it into a more empowering story that supports you and your mission in life.
Mareesa's Storytelling workshops have toured throughout the US, and Costa Rica, have been featured as psychedelic preparation/integration at Holos Global, on platforms DoubleBlind, Nectara, SoundMind, Soltara's online community; The Maloca,and in the mastermind courses of Laura Dawn, and Beth Weinstein. Mareesa has been coaching leaders in the psychedelic space on how to share their stories for the last 3 years in her show Adventures of the Psyche on Lucid.News and has also hosted and programmed psychedelic storytelling sessions at Breaking Conventions, Boom Festival, and at local storytelling & psychedelic events around the world.
This program is being co-presented with Soltara Healing Center.
We never want money to get in the way of you receiving the support you need.
Payment plans are available. Pay $100/month over 6 months - email us at email@example.com
Click here to apply for a scholarship - presented in partnership with the Psychedelic Access Fund
What you will learn
- How to direct your psychedelic journey for clarity on specific themes of your story
- Map out your personal history to recognize the patterns, programs, and wisdom
- Transmute your struggle into strength and step into being the hero of your story
- Edit your story into a cohesive, compelling, and succinct narrative
- Tell your story so it invites people to understand and support your life mission
- Weave these elements into a strong inner narrative that empowers you
How to prepare
Open mind. Drop what you think you know to imagine a new path forward.
Writing. Bring your journal to share or jot down any insights that arise.
Bring a question. Explore curiosities you have about storytelling.
Mareesa Stertz is a filmmaker, storyteller, community organizer, and KRI-certified Kundalini Yoga teacher. She is a co-founder at Lucid News and the producer and host of the documentary series, The Healing Powers (of Psychedelics and Other Mindful Practices), currently streaming on Gaia TV.
She has shared her stories of working with psychedelics on stages internationally as well as in education for the Synthesis Practitioner Training Program and teaches storytelling workshops in retreats and online for leaders and for psychedelic preparation.
She is passionate about using story to illuminate the powerful transformation that comes from navigating trauma, and her work is heavily informed by her own journey of personal growth, which has taken her all around the world, filming with the curanderos of Peru to the holy men of India. She has a BA in Cinema at San Francisco State University, and her films have been featured by Gaia TV, Viceland, Indigenous Films, Merry Jane, and Participant. She is in development on a one-woman play that celebrates the adventure in healing and is in postproduction on a documentary chronicling her travels in Peru with Ayahuasca, which she thought didn't work for her. See her first feature-length film on Damanhur, the Spiritual Intentional Community on Gaia TV.
“Mareesa’s storytelling class is a gem. I came away from it grateful with a stronger sense of where I came from and what my path ahead looks like."
What makes your events worth attending?
How do I become a member?
I'm a facilitator and would like to offer an event
What if I have technical issues?